Originally posted by Bean Bunny:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by I*love*dolls:
No one will agree with me, but from a pre-teen's perspective, I think that American Girl would not consider doing this. Why you ask? Because they are geared toward girls ages 3 to about 12, not adults. Just my thoughts, please don't get mad or anything.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you kidding? I came here to post the same thing, and I'm 21!

I'd rather them stay focused on little girls. We're cool and all, but these dolls are really special and important to kids (many board members here can agree). I know that, when I was ten, if there was a special adult club that I couldn't get into and I couldn't buy anything special from, I'd be really hurt and upset by AG.

Besides, the POINT of American Girl dolls is to teach kids how wonderful women truly are, and to make sure they don't grow up too fast! I think the adults here already know how much girls rock. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Edit: That being said, if they want to re-release some retired outfits, they can go right on ahead and I won't stop them, just so long as I can complete Kirsten's collection.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 20, 2006 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Bean Bunny ]</font></font>
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, I was lucky, I decided to get Kirsten's purple-y plaid dress (no clue what the name was...) before I even decided on getting Kirsten. Soon after I bought Kirsten, the dress was retired. Phew! Yeah, I also want to get all of her collection, too.

I also agree that girls would be upset that adults could get dresses I couldn't get. I'de even make my own mother join, even though she loves helping me collect, but not collect herself!